Destruction and Construction
What better way to spend a sunny Sunday afternoon than demolishing things? A week ago when I went down to the allotment I discovered that one of the fences had come down in the storms.
Since the whole fence was looking pretty rotten, today I went back down and finished what the storm had started. As most of the screws that were holding it together were rusted in place, I ended up going for the ‘stamp and yank’ approach to pull apart the planks, and detach them from the chicken wire which was stapled along the whole fence. At the end I used the chicken wire to form a temporary barrier until I get around to building a replacement fence.
Final job of the day was to put together my new workbench – birthday present from Jen. Just what I need for fence and raised bed building work.