Choral Evensong – Bavokerk – 28th August 2011
If it’s the end of August, it must be time for the ECS to sing Evensong at the Bavokerk in Haarlem. Thanks to some delays along the way, and my own unusual style of timekeeping, I ended up arriving 30 minutes late to the rehearsal, after the choir had finished with the responses, and were busy with the Magnificat.
I was very excited to discover that the Bavo is currently hosting an exhibition about Anthony Fokker, including the very first little Fokker – quite a wondrous thing, though I’m not sure I’d choose to fly in it myself.
The programme for this evening was mostly new music from our trip to Ely, in all honesty, nothing that really set my heart on fire, although I rather like the Justorum Animae.
- Introit – Justorum Animae, Gabriel Jackson
- Preces and Responses – Walsh
- Canticles – W. Lloyd Webber in E minor
- Anthem – Lord who’s glory fills the skies, Darke
- Anthem – Litany to the Holy Spirit, Hurford